Sunday, July 29, 2012

Nazo Jacket WIP

     Some of you will have recognized a Nazo on the needles in the finishing lineup.  This one was launched at the Knitaway in the Studio last October.  The Nazo Vest was the focus of that session and watching everyone work their projects I was inspired, as I often am, to try a variation on the design.  Here is what plans to be a Nazo Jacket.

 

     The original Nazo Vest uses Dancing Colors, a DK weight yarn, along with a sport-weight companion yarn at a gauge of 3.5 stitches / 7 rows to the inch in Garter Stitch.  That's a very relaxed gauge that lends a nice drape to the fabric.  For the Jacket version though, I envisioned a more structured fabric so I kept the gauge and changed the yarn choice to Brown Sheep Company's Lamb's Pride Bulky.  You can see the difference.  It's good.  I'm liking it.


If you'd like more details on the Nazo you can find those along with the pattern in my Ravelry shop



No comments:

Post a Comment