Sunday, February 24, 2013

Snow Day

Finally!  We got some real snow here along the front range in Colorado.  Badly needed and most welcome, especially since the most of it has fallen now and on a Sunday too, when not everyone had to get out to work or school.  We even postponed my knitting class today at Knit Knack and will take up the needles for the Moebius Vest workshop on March 10th instead.  I was all ready to go this morning but after taking a little drive out for some errands, was glad that all the knitters were home and safe and hopefully enjoying their knitting on this beautiful snow day.


I decided to use the free day to cast on a variation of the Irish Diamond Shawl from Folk Shawls, getting it ready for the St. Patrick's Day class on this design that's scheduled on March 17th.  This one uses Green Mountain Spinnery Slyvan Spirit, a gorgeous DK blend of wool and tencel.  Knits like a dream and feels like a wool/silk blend.  The color is Sterling.  I got several hanks of the yarn this morning in one of my errands over to, that's right, Knit Knack, where I'll be holding the class.  Gerri has been selling this yarn well and so there were only 5 hanks left, a bit tight on yardage for what I had planned.  Turns out  the Studio yarn basket had another hank of the same color that I brought home from the Green Mountain Spinnery booth at the Wisconsin sheep and Wool Festival last September.  It is even the same dye lot.  When it's meant to be, it's meant to be.


Watch for more details on the Diamond Shawl class here and on the Knit Knack website. The model shawl will be hanging at the shop for the next couple of weeks if you are curious about the details.  I hear there will be a St. Patty's Day party going on outside the shop that day, too.  Green beer and knitting?  Bet it wouldn't be the first time.   But I wonder if Gerri can make a green skinny latte? hmmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment