Monday, November 25, 2013

The Giving of Thanks

      Happy Thanksgiving Week!  As most of us who do the cooking know it doesn't happen in just one day.  The preparations for the feast are already planned and have begun in earnest. 


     There are only two of us for dinner this year and yet I've got quite a list of holiday chores to accomplish before The Turkey actually gets into the oven.  We do a small "spatchcocked" bird that roasts to perfection in about 70 minutes.  Along with the birdie we enjoy dressing loaded with butter, mushrooms, celery, and other veggies, and fresh cranberry sauce.   Pumpkin pie, yes indeed!  We usually have some for breakfast in fact. I love good food.
      Most of all I enjoy the feelings of gratitude that this week brings, feelings I like to hold onto and practice everyday.  You, my dear fellow knitters, are at the top of my list of blessings for which I am thankful.  Be good to yourselves, enjoy your days, let your knitting flow, and  have a joyful, warm and Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving Cheryl :) I hope you and your husband have a wonderful holiday. Your dinner sure sounds delicious!

    Sharon Z.

    ReplyDelete