Sunday, June 7, 2015

Studio Adieu

         
      The boxes are packed.  The rooms echo in strange ways.  The moving truck comes tomorrow.  Tonight is the last night I'll spend knitting in this place where all my books and designs have come to be.

 
      Thirty-four years in this dear Edwardian era building and now a new adventure begins.  We are very happy to be going to our new home and I have spent most of my time over the last eight months getting ready for this day.  Still, thirty four years is a very, very lot of stitches over the needles, a lot of skeins dyed and a lot of laughter and good knitting with students and friends.  It all deserves some thoughtful moments.  Tomorrow I'll take my memories and my knitting along to the sweet new house.  Just for tonight I'm very happy to have my kimono shawl here with me, knitting along as I say adeiu to the Studio.
 

3 comments:

  1. Best of luck in the new digs lovely lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had so much fun at the Studio - so many great memories. Good luck with your move and I'll look forward to hearing about your new space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's sad to leave the old, but just think of all the new memories to be made…and knitted.

    ReplyDelete