Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Speaking of Alpaca

Just got this shawl finished and wanted to share it with you. I call it the Ruffled Peddlar. It is a variation of the Wool Peddler's Shawl from my first book, Folk Shawls

Tehri in Finland (mustaavillaa on Ravelry... see my Favs!) did a gorgeous ruffled variation of the Wool Peddler's Shawl in Rowan Felted Tweed.   The new alpaca yarn I'm exploring has 9 natural shades, and since I, like Tehri, love brown and black, I selected Cocoa and Charcoal. I used yo's for the increases that form the ruffle and made the ruffle a bit deeper.  The deep ruffle gives the shawl some real movement.  The extra width provided by the addition of the subtle ruffle also makes the shawl fit better than a regular triangle..it stays on!  I think it works!  Brilliant ruffled idea, Tehri!  I love the flow of the Ruffled Peddler!  It goes from gentle waves to really ruffled,  depending on the sway of the wearer. 

I so love this alpaca yarn that I will be selling it on my website.  I'll have the information and the colors up on cheryloberle.com in the very near future. I will hurry, I promise,  though I'm 
busy packing as I write....  I do have Knitaway or two (three actually!) to attend in the next month.  Joy!

                 



No comments:

Post a Comment