Monday, January 20, 2014

Thistledown Too

     Caught the last bit of sunlight in the Studio garden today to take this photo.  Thank goodness my garden angel was standing by to model for me!  I'm binding off the ruffle on a cream colored Thistledown shawl in Just Beautiful alpaca.  It's another piece for my booth at the Rocky Mountain Sew Expo, Feb 6-8, at the Denver Merchandise Mart.  Do come by and try it on.  There will be lots of other shawls to explore there as this is going to be a very shawl-centric show for Cheryl Oberle Designs.  Besides, I always have chocolate in the booth.

    
     I'm also teaching a Sunday afternoon workshop on the Thistledown Shawl at Knit Knack on February 16th.  We'll make a miniature shawl and learn all the great techniques that make up this cutie.   As we'll be launching your full-sized shawl too, the class fee includes the pattern and Gerri's shelves are stocked with gorgeous yarns to suit every taste.  Thistledown is knit from the top, shoulder-shaped, simply laced and with just a bit 'o ruffle.   You just might want to knit more than one of these.     
    
    

No comments:

Post a Comment