Saturday, July 21, 2012

What I did at Camp

       For the first time in the seven years that I've been going to Meg Swansen's knitting camp, I actually completed the project on which I had planned to knit.  This event is my annual treat to myself and it never fails to remind me why I love to knit. 


         I always have loads of fun, get oodles of inspiration, and in general just thoroughly enjoy myself at Meg's camp.  I also usually rip out whatever I've been knitting as I'm easily distracted in this amazing group of knitters. This year though I really got some knitting done! 


         I attribute my ability to focus on the simplicity of the project.  It's the Wishbone Shawl that is currently an ongoing KAL on the Knitaway group on Ravelry.   And, another milestone, it is the first garment I've knit from my hand spun yarn. Some of you may recognize the yarn from the Free the Bobbins post.   Now it's a shawl.   What a great feeling it is to wear this one.  I highly recommend to any new spinner out there that they find a project (simple is good) and knit their hand spun yarn.   As good as home made bread and hand churned butter.  Really!

2 comments:

  1. Your shawl is beautiful! There is nothing like knitting with handspun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful, and I want to make one too...with handspun too...I'm going to check my stash and see if there's enough.

    ReplyDelete