Tuesday, September 18, 2012

More Stories About Wool and Food

     The Wisconsin Sheep and Wool Festival held treats for lovers of both fiber and food.  I taught two day long knitting workshops,  plus I had an entire day before my classes to tour the festival grounds and market.  I must have been thinking "green" as I couldn't resist adding a Greensleeves spindle and some Green Mountain Spinnery yarn to the market basket.  You'll see the yarn again soon as it  is destined for an Elizabeth Zimmermann design, the Three and One Sweater.


      An early morning cruise over to the sheep barn found this wooly one waiting for breakfast, and obliging the camera with a winsome pose.  Sorry BaaBaa, but I've already eaten all my cherry pie.  Dearie, your earrings are très cyberpunk!
 

     Right out side my classroom was the Future Farmers of America ice cream wagon.  A fresh strawberry sundae is perfect for lunch.  Hey! there's fruit and protein in there!


 The young ladies selling the treats thought is was pretty odd that I was taking pictures of my food and not of them, so I took this snap, promising to mention that they are members of the Johnson Creek, Wisconsin, chapter of the FFA.  There you go, girls.


      Getting to meet Carol Rhoades, famous spinner and instructor extraordinaire, was icing on the cake.  She is also the translator of many favorite knitting books that are in the Studio library.  Her class was just across the hall and I poked my head in a few times to watch the spinning wheels turn.

 Carol teaches all over the country and at the Wisconsin Sheep and Wool Festival every year.   Think I to myself, now wouldn't it be great to return and take a class with her there next year?    hmmmm......

No comments:

Post a Comment