Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Just Dyeing

It was a good week last week in the dye studio.  I've been experimenting with some new techniques for dyeing roving and I like the results.  I'm in what I call the "Run for the Markets", my annual dyeing marathon that occurs this time every year as I stock up for some big yarn and fiber events that will happen in January and February.   Experimenting is my treat after another session of dyeing my regular favorite Dancing Colors.  I keep notes like crazy just so I can understand what's happening with the colors and fibers.   Endlessly fascinating.
   January will start off right with Knit Knack in Arvada hosting the Dancing Colors Trunk Show, January 19-21.  I'll have lots of hand-dyed yarn there and we'll be trying on garments and planning projects all three days.  On Sunday, January 22nd, we'll top off this event with a one-day workshop on the Cusco Jacket from Knitted Jackets. 
     Cusco Jacket
       Then February takes off with the annual Rocky Mountain Sew Expo.  This is not just for sewing fans!  I have a booth at this event each year with yarns, books, spinning fiber, Japanese textiles, and usually some surprises as well.  This show is one of my favorites, the fellows that organize it really put on a good show, and it is filled with inspiration for all kinds of fiber-y craft.  It's a beautiful spot of color for the early days of February.
    On February 11, I'm pleased to announce, we've arranged for Wild Yarns to hold a one-day trunk show of my OM hand-dyed organic merino micro dye lots.  Come take a look at these one of a kind colors in this yummy yarn.  We'll have great project ideas too, including an upcoming class (in March) at the shop on Carol's Clever Little shawl.


     The end of February I'm off to Stitches West with 400 pounds of goodies and new designs.
     Whew.  So it's back to the dye pots.  Looks like another good week is in the works.

No comments:

Post a Comment