Sunday, August 12, 2012

Spinning a ribbon!

       The Denver County Fair was a wagon load of fun.  We laughed, ate lots of free ice cream, ran into old friends, and saw incredible art and craftmanship.  I will have great memories of the whole experience.
        I happily came away with a  a lovely ribbon souvenir, too.  The yarn is wheel spun 2 ply from   Columbia/ Rambouillet blend wool roving, hand-dyed by yours truly.  I do like those reds.


Now, my pickles didn't win a thing, but the judges' comments were more than encouraging with not one mention of diesel anywhere (excuse my obscure Aunt Bee reference).  The competition was lively.  What really counts with me is that my Dear Fellow, who always tells me true, loves my pickles and eats them everyday.  That's why I put up another 20 quarts of dills on Friday.  I think that's only fair, don't you?



3 comments:

  1. Oooh, congratulations on the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Fairs are loads of fun!
    Sheryl H

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! And those pickles sure look good :)

    ReplyDelete